Wishing You a Happy Valentine’s Day from
Maureen Brine & Associates Limited
Valentine's Day Celebration – A Celebration of Love
Valentine's Day is celebrated in a big way around the globe! It is interesting to note that the popularity of this ancient festival has grown immensely and is said to be increasing by the year as more and more people are influenced by idea of celebrating love and relationships. The present generation holds the festival in high regard and celebrates the day by expressing love not just to their sweethearts but everyone they hold dear and special. We want to share these valentine sentiments with you.
Valentine’s Day for Lovers
Valentine's Day holds immense importance for those in love. Lovers around the world take this day as an opportunity to express love for their beloved and spend a day honoring their relationship. Although we recommend that you appreciate your partner every day, Valentine’s is a special day to benchmark your love. Indulging your sweetheart with flowers mainly red roses, chocolates, cards and other gifts of love is the other most popular custom of Valentine's Day for lovers. Celebrate each other with your very own special caring behaviors. Give each other the gift of attending a Getting the Love you Want Workshop if you have not already done so. Enjoy each other. Make everyday a Valentine’s Day by practicing the top 10 Relationship Tips on our website!
Valentine's Day festival is much awaited by those in love but dreaded by singles!! So much hype, that some singles even become depressed about not having a partner or a special relationship. Some times the sense of isolation becomes so strong that many singles tend to “hate Valentine's Day” - the day that is actually meant to celebrate love.
We have several suggestions for Singles regarding Valentine’s Day.
· Keep in mind that Valentine's Day is not just to be celebrated by romantically involved couples. The festival is celebrated to express love to anyone we are closed to. We can therefore celebrate Valentine's Day with friends, siblings, parents, grandparents, teachers or anyone who made a difference to our lives with their affection and support. Take the opportunity to express your love and gratitude to all persons you love. Send them Valentine’s
· Make the most of Valentine's Day by spending the day in the company of those you love or by indulging yourself
· Pamper yourself by planning something you will enjoy
· Plan to spend time with friends.
· Throw a “singles party” or “Un-Valentine's Day Party” at your home and have a blast. You will know that life is fun in the company of loving friends.
· Express Appreciation and Gratitude for friends and dear ones.
· Think Positive. Move away from negative thinking. Your soul mate is walking toward you as quickly as you are walking towards them!
· Take steps you think are vital to improve your chances for relationship. Make some resolutions for yourself and stick to them
· Read Keeping the Love you Find for Individuals and give it to your Single friends
· Attend a Keeping the Love you find Workshop in preparation for your new relationship.
· Create an Imago Relationship Vision. Remember that energy follows attention. Visualize your dream partner and relationship.
The History of the Valentine’s Rose
The most popular flower on Valentine's Day is the red rose. Reasons for the same are two-fold, one is that the color red represents love, and Valentine's Day is the day of love, so the natural choice has to be a red rose. The second reason is in relation to the mythological significance of red rose, it is the favorite flower of Venus - the Roman Goddess of Love and Beauty and this also makes it the perfect choice to be given to someone you love. The rose has become the symbol of love and romance by poets, writers and philosophers.
And Why Valentine’s Hearts?
Red heart pierced by the Cupid's arrow is a traditional symbol of Valentine's Day. Heart symbolizes love and giving someone a heart means to hand over one's existence to someone. A heart pierced by a Cupid's arrow means that when someone presents a heart, the person takes the risk of being rejected and feeling hurt. Piercing arrow therefore symbolizes death and vulnerability of love. Love is worth the risk as we become more fully ourselves by loving an “other”.
Love is always bestowed as a gift -- freely, willingly, and without expectation....
We don't love to be loved; we love to love.
An inexpensive way to gift your beloved! Share an Imago Dialogue on your favorite topic. It truly will increase your into-me-see
Knee to Knee,
Eye to Eye,
Heart to Heart,
Open spirit to open spirit!
Love after Love
By Derek Walcott
The time will come
when, with elation,
you will greet yourself arriving
at your own door, in your own mirror,
and each will smile at the other's welcome,
And say, sit here. Eat.
You will love again the stranger who was yourself.
Give wine. Give bread. Give back your heart
to itself, to the stranger who has loved you
all your life, whom you ignored
for another, who knows you by heart.
Take down the love letters from the bookshelf,
the photographs, the desperate notes,
peel your own image from the mirror.
Sit. Feast on your life.
Happy Valentine’s from Maureen, Sandra and Yvonne.
Maureen Brine’s Workshop Dates for 2012
Getting the Love You Want Couples Workshop 2012
March 30, 31 & April 1st
May 25, 26 & 27
July 20, 21 & 22
Sept. 21, 22 & 23
Nov. 09, 10 & 11
Recovering Our Connection a workshop for Couples in Recovery
April 26, 27, 28 & 29
June 07, 08, 09 & 10
August 09, 10, 11 & 12
October 25, 26, 27 & 28
December 06, 07, 08 &09
Keeping the Love You Find Singles Workshop 2012
November 02, 03 & 04